Hello Everybody! This is article again on techsoftcenter to discuss worms, some creepy worms in computers. In my previous post, I have already discussed the virus, top 10 hacks, iloveyou virus, and its source code.
What is a worm?
The worm is an animal which moves very slowly and this is according to science. In computers, the worm is something which makes the computer slow by replicating itself. Maximum worms won’t do any harm but they will replicate themselves and captures free space.
Top 10 worms
- Morris Worm: Created by Robert Tappan Morris in 1988. It is also called a Great worm. It affected 6000 UNIX systems and caused $100,000,000 loss.
- ILOVEYOU: created by Onal De Guzman in 2000. It is also known as a love letter or love bug worm. Estimated damage is $20 billion.
- Nimda: Created by unknown in 2001. An estimated loss of $2.6 billion
- Code red: Created by Chinese people in 2001. Expected loss $2.75 billion
- Melissa: Created by David L.Smith in 1999. Smith fined $5000 and sentenced 20 years of prison.
- MSBlast: Created in 2003. It is also known as Microsoft Blast, loves. It was created by Jeffrey Lee Parson. 423,000 machines are infected. Estimated loss is $320 million
- Sobig: In 2003 it was released and this is also called as play. Estimated loss is $37.1 billion.
- Storm: Created in 2007. 8% of world systems got affected.
- Michelangelo: Created in 1991. Not a great effect but just $10K-20K
- Jerusalem: created in 1987 there is nothing to discuss this. It is just one of the great worms.