If you are using VirtualBox, up to version 4.3 there is no option to auto start VM VirtualBox, or run VM VirtualBox automatically when PC starts up as it does with VMWare. But do not worry, because this can still be tricked by using some tricks.
Auto start feature is very useful when we will create and use Proxy Server, etc. using Mikrotik on PC itself, or do other things. Well, for the autostart feature VirtualBox can we use, there are some tricks that we must run. The easiest and simplest trick is to create a VM shortcut that will run and run it automatically when PC startup.
1. Open VirtualBox
2. Right click on the VM that want in Auto Start
3. Click “Create Shortcut on Desktop”
5. Will Appear VM VirtualBox Shortcut on Desktop
6. Open Windows Explorer, Go to this directory:
C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup
7. Drag n Drop or copy and paste the Shortcut to that directory
8. If the warning appears like this select “Continue” only
10. Try to restart your PC / Laptop. When Windows Startup then it’s VirtualBox VM will run automatically (autostart).
NB: I’m using Windows 8. For other versions of Windows, it may need to be customized for its startup directory.
Okay, good luck and hope Tutorial How to Auto Start VM VirtualBox is useful 🙂