Tutorial How to Use USB Smartfren Modem in Mikrotik RB751U-2HnD – Actually in previous articles have been discussed about Tutorial Share Internet Connection Modem USB with Mikrotik with Sierra modem and GSM card 3. Well, this time we will discuss the same thing using Modem Huawei and Smartfren card. Before we start, you should read this tutorial Share Internet Connection Modem USB with Mikrotik.
Okay, we started learning Mikrotik to connect smartfren modem with Mikrotik RB751U-2HnD. Previously check whether your Smartfren Modem is already supported and recognized by Mikrotik.
1. Plug the modem Smartfren into the Mikrotik USB port, then open Winbox.
2. Check whether USB Modem is connected and recognized by its Mikrotik, open the menu System -> Resource -> USB
3. If the modem name does not appear on the USB list maybe the modem has not been fully embedded or the modem has not been recognized by Mikrotik.
4. Enter the Interface menu, ppp-out1 interface will appear automatically.
5. Open the interface settings, you can name its interface eg SmartFren and click the Advanced Mode option to open other advanced settings.
6. To note on the General tab is the Port, make sure the port is used in accordance with its modem port (usb1).
7. Sign in to PPP Tab, fill in the following options:
Phone --> #777
Dial Command --> ATDT
User --> smart
Password --> smart
8. Click Apply, see the status of the PPP connection in the lower right corner. Make sure the status is connected which means the modem is already connecting.
9. After modem successfully connects, then automatically interface PPP with name SmartFren it will get IP Address Dynamic.
10. Do not forget to create NAT Masquerade rule for PPP interface with the name of SmartFren earlier.
11. Also, set its DNS Server
12. Try the ping from his Mikrotik terminal eg ping to google . com. If successful means it can be used for browsing.
13. Now it’s up to you want to share his internet connection via LAN or Wireless cable. Do not forget to set the IP address interface you want to use yes.
14. If you want to make Hotspot via Wireless, please read this tutorial How to Make Hotspot in Mikrotik: the Basic setting of Mikrotik Hotspot.
Okay, just so much Tutorial Mikrotik Indonesia about Tutorial How to Use USB Smartfren Modem in Mikrotik RB751U-2HnD. This tutorial you can apply also with other modems and other cards. Maybe useful 🙂