Google chrome is the most used browser. Google chrome is created by Google inc. and it is used on many operating systems such as Windows, Android and also on Linux desktops. It is very easy to install GoogleChrome on android devices but, when it comes to installing them on Linux then we need to run some commands in the terminal.
We know that Mozilla Firefox is the default browser in Ubuntu. Firefox is a non-profit organization that gives superior feathers in the Mozilla Firefox browser. But, for web developers, Google Chrome gives better features that can be used for designing web pages.
For downloading .deb package for installing Google chrome, we will use wget command to download the package. Then we will use dpkg command to install the downloaded package.
But, before we download .deb package we will use the apt-get command to install the required libxss1dependency. After installing this dependency we will install the .deb package
So, let’s begin to install Google Chrome on Ubuntu:
Please make sure that your Ubuntu is connected to the internet. If it is not connected to then you can’t install required dependencies that are required by Google Chrome
1. Press CTRL + ALT + T and open a new terminal
2. Now type in
and press enter now enter your password to turn this terminal into the administrative terminal
3. First, we need to install dependency libxss1 that is required to run Google Chrome. So type in
sudo apt-get install libxss1
and press enter
4. Now if you have 32-bit Ubuntu installed on your computer then type in
and if you have 64-bit Ubuntu then type in
5. press enter. Now, this terminal will download .deb package to install Google chrome. Now wait for wget command to download .deb package
6. After the downloading is finished, run this simple command:
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
And it will install Google Chrome without any trouble.
7. After installing Google Chrome, press start and search for “Google Chrome”, Now you will see a Google Chrome icon, Click on that icon and you will have Google Chrome running on your Ubuntu Desktop.
I hope it was a useful article.