How do I connect to the Internet Mikrotik
Perhaps this question ever arises when you are new to Mikrotik. There are several ways that can be taken to connect to the Internet Mikrotik. These ways depend on the modem or the devices used to connect to the Internet.
In general, how to connect to the Internet Mikrotik is as follows:
1. First, make sure the source of an internet connection. Is it from the ADSL modem (for example Speedy) or from a USB modem?
2. If you are using a USB modem to connect to the Internet.
3. If the source of an internet connection to use Speedy using PPPoE, then setting Mikrotik Please Read Here.
4. If the source of a direct Internet connection without first modem settings, such as the connection of Speedy modem or 3G Router, which does not need additional settings on the Mikrotik then go to step 5.
5. Login to Mikrotik via Winbox -> Go to the menu IP -> DHCP Client -> Add DHCP Client by clicking the menu +
– Interface: Select an interface that is connected to the source of the Internet
– Use Peer DNS: Check
– Use Peer NTP: Tick
– Add Default Route: yes
6. Setting the IP address. Go to the menu IP -> Addresses -> Add IP address for the interface that leads to the client. Here I demonstrated to give an IP address on the LAN interface that leads to the client by IP address
Interface NAT already automatically obtain an IP address for a DHCP client from internet sources.
7. Add DNS Server settings. Go to the menu IP -> DNS. Because in Step 5 we already use the DHCP Client where the column “Use Peer DNS” is checked, then Mikrotik also has to be DNS Server automatically from internet sources.
But for backup can add another Google use its
8. Add the NAT settings Masquerade. Go to the menu
IP -> Firewall -> Login Tab NAT -> Add NATrule:
~ The General tab
– Chain: srcnat
– Out-interface: select the interface that leads to an internet source
~ Tab Action
– Action: Masquerade
9. Up here, Mikrotik supposed to connect to the internet. Check the connection by pinging via terminal.
I hope it has been a useful article.