Winbox Mikrotik can find/find Mikrotik devices connected to our PC / Laptop network. With this Winbox feature we can know Mac Address, IP Address, Mikrotik Identity, RouterOS Version, and its Routerboard type as shown below:
This feature can certainly help us to identify the Mikrotik that connect to our network. But with this feature will also reduce the network security, especially Mikrotik itself, because it can be found by anyone who uses Winbox. Even worse if the person is able to log into his Mikrotik and mess up the configuration in it. Do not get away ..
Well, therefore it would be better and safe if the Mikrotik search feature in Winbox is blocked only. So when anyone opens winbox and does a search, then our Mikrotik will not show up in the Winbox search.
Okay, just go to How to Block Winbox Mikrotik Search :
1. Download Winbox Mikrotik. Who already have not got anything: D
2. Login Mikrotik via Winbox
3. Go to Tools menu -> MAC Server -> MAC Ping Server -> Uncheck MAC Ping Server Enabled
4. Go to Winbox Interface tab -> Click on “all” -> Click cross to disable
5. Go to IP menu -> Neighbors. Here the interfaces connected to other devices will appear.
6. Go to Discovery Interfaces tab -> Choose any interface that will block Winbox search -> Click cross.
7. Now try to open Winbox again then try searching. Mikrotik will not be found by Winbox as shown below:
This tutorial besides blocking winbox search will also block login via MAC Address Mikrotik. So it can only login in Winbox using IP Address only. If you still want to be able to login via MAC Address, steps 3 and 4 above can be skipped only.
Okay, so Tutorial How to Block Winbox Mikrotik Search to improve security Mikrotik. Maybe useful 🙂