Blocking / Limiting connection Internet Download Manager (IDM) in Mikrotik can be done using the Layer7 protocol. If a user to download using IDM, then he can use 16 simultaneous connections to download the file. This course will drain the bandwidth that has been allocated so that other users who do not download will be disturbed because the connection is slow.
Well, to solve it, we can limit connections Internet Download Manager (IDM) using Mikrotik Layer7. You do this by combining the features Layer7 protocol with Firewall filters Mikrotik. Please see the following way:
1. Before you start, we try to download a file using the IDM with 16 connections.
2. Next, Open Winbox, enter the IP menu -> Firewall -> Tab Layer7. Add a new rule.
Please enter the following settings:
Name: Limit IDM
get /.*(user-agent: Mozilla / 4.0 | range: bytes =)
3. Go to the Filter tab. Add a new rule.
=> On the General tab:
– Chain: Forward
– Protocol: TCP
=> On the Advanced tab:
– Choose a name Layer7 Layer7 previously created.
=> On the Extra tab:
– Limit: 2 (how many connections that would be opened)
– Netmask: 32
=> On the Action tab:
– Action: drop
4. Once the settings are made and executed at Mikrotik, please try the download again.
5. As a result, the connection being used by IDM will be reduced to 2 connections only.
Okay so first Techsoftcenter on How to Block / Limiting Connections in Mikrotik IDM.