Before creating a site, every business owner gives different thoughts on the importance of website design and development. The next significant decision for them is to find an appropriate platform whether they want to create a blog, forums, shopping store and other kinds of sites. Appropriate means here that one platform might be perfect to make a site containing 50 products but a different platform has to be selected to build a store having 500 products. The selection of platform primarily depends on specified reasons whether you want to create a blog or a web store.
Take a glance over different content management systems (CMS):
WordPress has been used since 2003 and is listed among the most recommended blogging software. Initially, it was used only as blogging software but over the years, it has become a popular content management system for non-blogging websites. Today, it is the scenario that it is used for millions of websites and ten million people see it on a daily basis. There are several advantages of using WordPress including:
- Simple to use
- Use any computer to handle the website
- No need for FTP software or HTML editing
- Friendly to search engines
- Offers utmost control over the website
- Add plugins to enhance the website functionality
Every CMS is incorporated with blog and forum functionalities as well as numerous types of modules to enhance the system capabilities. Business owners generally ask this question that if all systems are same then what special Drupal offers. The vibrant community makes it different in the Content Management System’s market.
- High in flexibility and offers ease in use
- Incorporated with credibility, efficiency, and robustness
- Rich in security features and keeps the site safe
- Makes search and retrieval of content convenient
Joomla is an acclaimed platform for building the best online applications and websites. This platform enables developers to build modules and extensions that fit into the website. And, Joomla has gained wide popularity due to its extensibility and easy to use approach. Other striking features of Joomla:
Content management and updating content are fast. Whether content manager wants to add new pages, upload pictures, edit text and link new pages, everything is easy.
Change is hassle-free! Most of the corporate organizations often modify the appearance of their site in two or three years. With the use of Joomla template based system, it is convenient to change the look of the website. The designer does not need to bear the complicated process of copying pages and transforming the site into a fresh appearance.
Why e-commerce platforms are perfect to create online shopping websites:
Considering the emerging requirement of online merchants, Magento is a professional e-commerce solution which is rich in features. It puts no constraints on the merchants and offers:
- Complete control over the content, appearance, and functionality of the web store
- The intuitive administrative interface provides robust marketing and content management tools.
- Merchants are able to build the website in accordance with the exact business requirements
- It is highly scalable and featured with a huge network support
- Business people can add large inventories, varied online stores and avail optimized mobile-commerce
The business owners who want a more affordable e-commerce platform are suggested to go for osCommerce. It has managed to attract a huge community comprising 243,000 store owners, service providers, developers, and enthusiasts. Almost 6,300 add-ons are available to customize the online shops for the sake of increasing their sales.
- A wonderful open source platform to build a dynamic store
- Easy to install and simple to use
- There are amazing front end features
- Supports different types of payment gateways
- Integrated with features that simplify the product management process
It is an acclaimed open source shopping cart system which is also defined as the art of e-commerce and user-friendly nature. Go through the features that make it really useful:
- Easy to integrate diverse payment options and language support
- Add quantity discounts and coupons easily
- Avail different shipping options
On a Final Note:
After reading this post, you must be wondering that both CMS and eCommerce platforms are used to create the site. Then, why we stated that e-commerce is a stronger platform to create an online store. It is because e-commerce systems are extended form of CMS and incorporated with more features, plugins, and add-ons that definitely boost a webshop.