Transparent Bridge Mikrotik can be used to shoot/capture the WiFi signal from somewhere else with a certain distance.
Development in this tutorial is on the use of both devices Mikrotik as Transparent Bridge Mikrotik. So there will be two transparent bridge proxy is used to connect the client to an internet source. This will make the client as if directly connected to the Internet without going through Mikrotik source, which is characterized by the IP address obtained by the client automatically in the network with IP Router Internet sources. Double Transparent Bridge Mikrotik can also be referred to as a Repeater WiFi signal.
For more details please see the following topology:
Because the client as if connected directly to the Internet resources without going through Mikrotik, then this trick can be used to shoot signals Hotspot, like Hotspot Mikrotik, Hotspot WifiId, and Wifi others who must appear the login page before you can surf. Already know the difference between WiFi sharing the same internet Hotspot? If you didn’t read this: Mikrotik Router Hotspot Setup.
In Topology in the above image, I used two pieces, namely Mikrotik Mikrotik Mikrotik SXTG-2HnD and RB751U-2HnD. Mikrotik alone actually wears one also can be. But if you only use one Mikrotik, then the connection to the client can only use wired (not wireless). Because Mikrotik SXTG only has one wireless and one interface, interface Ether (LAN). Unless we use Mikrotik Wireless which has two interfaces, one as a receiver and one of its signal as a signal spreader, so the client can connect via WiFi with just one Mikrotik. That is why I use two Mikrotik as Double Transparent Bridge.
Okay enough already to his explanations. Furthermore, we directly discuss How to Make a Double Transparent Bridge Mikrotik Hotspot’s Signal Shooting Wifi ID.
Setting Mikrotik 1: SXTG-2HnD
It is Mikrotik shoot/capture WiFi signals over long distances.
1. Log in to Mikrotik via Winbox
2. Go to the menu interface.
Here there are only 2 interfaces (Wireless & Ether), and we will add one interface Bridge
3. To make the Bridge, go to the Bridge -> Add interface bridge with a click of a button + -> We could give her name Bridge -> Click Ok
4. Go to the Ports tab -> Add the port on the bridge of her with the ether1 interface and wlan1 -> click the + button -> select the interface that would be included (ether1) -> Ok -> Add again to his wlan1.
5. Setting Mikrotik Wireless Interface.
Go to the menu Wireless -> double click wlan1 -> Enter the Wireless tab -> Select Mode: station pseudobridge -> Click Scan to scan the WiFi signal
6. Select a Wifi signal that would be connected. Here is my connection to the Cisco Linksys router in my office. Click Connect.
7. Check whether the connection status of the received signal ga good what.
Sign into the Registration tab -> Double-click interface wlan1 -> Log tab Signal -> Here can be seen the quality of the signal, SNR, CCQ, etc.
– Signal Strength value is closer to 0, the better (better than -90dB -50dB)
– SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) and CCQ (Client Connection Quality) value the bigger the better
8. Because of this, the Transparent Bridge IP Address does not need to be setup / do not need to be given an IP Address.
Up here Mikrotik configuration 1: SXTG-2HnD already completed.
Setting Mikrotik 2: RB751U-2HnD
It is the continuing Mikrotik WiFi signal captured by Mikrotik 1 and deployed to the client via a WiFi signal.
1. All settings almost the same as the configuration Mikrotik 1: SXTG-2HnD. Which differ only in its wireless settings.
2. Setting Wireless Mikrotik as AP Bridge.
Sign menu Wireless ->
Select its Wireless Mode: AP Bridge Select Frequency, Enter SSID.
3. Try connecting Client to this Mikrotik.
4. Check the IP Address Client. If both Mikrotik settings are correct, then the client will get the IP Address directly from the Linksys Router.
5. Check Ping to IP gateway. See Response time. If the response time is long> 100ms can be the signal quality is less good. Check the ping also to google.com to check internet connection google. com to check internet connection.
6. Try browsing the web using a web browser.
Maybe this tutorial slightly deviates from the title Yes Double Transparent Bridge Mikrotik to Shoot Wifiid Hotspot Signal. Because around my residence, there is no signal hotspot or wifi id so cannot be implemented directly. But I guarantee this tutorial can be used to shoot hotspot and wifi id signals using Mikrotik.