Auto Backup Configuring Mikrotik with Scripts and Scheduler – This time Tutorial Mikrotik Networking will discuss how to backup Mikrotik configuration automatically by using Mikrotik Script and Scheduler tool. Both of these tools can be used together so that the script we use can be executed scheduled and automatic by the scheduler. So the concept is, Auto backup is done by Script then the script is executed by the scheduler and automatic by Scheduler. Sample here understand it?
Okay, let’s go Learn Mikrotik it’s a bit Scripting yes. Immediately put into practice. Please open its Winbox.
Auto Backup Configuring Mikrotik with Scripts and Scheduler:
- First setting first Script him. Go to System menu -> Scripts -> click + button
- Rename the script to auto backup or whatever is up to you. Check its pseudo Policy.
- Insert auto backup script in Source option following its script:
/ system backup save name = NameFile.backup
- The result is like the following picture:
- Click Apply -> Ok
- Now we try to run the script if it can execute the command earlier. Click the Run Script as shown below:
- We see the result if the backup file has been made. Enter the Files menu in winbox.
- If the backup file does not exist then the script you entered is not correct. Please check again. If it appears backup file like the picture above, we can go to Scheduler.
- Enter the System menu -> Scheduler -> Click the + button
- Rename his schedule eg Auto Backup.
> Start Date: When will this script schedule start automatically.
> Start Time: The time of the scheduled time this script will start automatically.
> Interval: How much time schedule of this script will start running automatically.
> On Event: What schedule will run. Include the name of the script.
Please fill in all the options as you see fit. If confused can see an example in this picture:
- The purpose of the above configuration is Schedule will execute Autobackup Script starting on Aug 20, 2019, on and every 20.00 hours at intervals of 7 days. So every week at 8 pm auto backup script will be executed.
- If already click Apply -> OK
Well, up here Auto Backup Configuration Mikrotik with Script and Scheduler can be used. Please try your practice. For the next stage will be discussed sending the auto backup file configuration Mikrotik via Email. Visit this techsoftcenter.com 🙂