Search engine optimization is a difficult thing to take care of, and usually requires a lot of work to get good results. That being said, there are ways to make it a lot easier to get better rankings on search engines, and one of those ways is to develop a private network of blogs and websites using aged domains that you can then use to promote other websites with links. In order to understand how this works, first, you have to understand two basic ways that search engines rank.
The first thing to realize is that the innovation that made Google the top search provider in the world back in the late 1990s is that they changed the way to search for relevancy and instead of reading the website itself, they put more importance on how many other people linked back to your website, since it would be more difficult for the site manager to control. To this day, having more backlinks increases the chances of being ranked well.
The other thing to understand is that Google and the other big search engines put a lot more weight behind domain names that have been there for a long time. If you’re just starting a website with a new name, then you could be doing it just to support another website. However, if the name has been around for years, even if you’re not the original owner, there’s a much better chance that it legitimately just wants to support whatever site it’s linking to.
Now that you understand why this is so important, here are a few steps to actually develop a network of blogs that you can use to support your websites.
1. Finding Hosting – Before you even think about buying aged domains, you’re going to need to make sure that you’ll have a place to host the eventual websites. You want to make sure that you find a provider that allows you to use multiple domains on the same hosting package. Your goal is to create a lot of different websites, and if you have to pay for several gigs of space for each when they’re more likely to only require a few megs, it’s just a waste of money. The more domains they will allow you to host, the better.
You also want to make sure that you choose a number of different hosting companies since it looks to Google like the network is not connected that way. Not everyone will be hosted by the same place in a network of hundreds of websites, and unique IPs and physical locations will help you.
2. Buying Domains – Actually buying the domains can be difficult since you often have to bid for them at auction. There are a number of different sites which allow you to search based on several factors for domains that would be appropriate to what you’re trying to sell, and many allow you to buy outright as well. Find anywhere from 5-10 domains that fit the theme you’re going for. Be sure you set yourself a hard limit for bidding if you go that route since it’s very easy to get out of control and sink far too much money into this part of the process.
3. Choose Your Software – There are a number of different types of blogging software available, and while you may have a few favorites, it’s a good idea to install different ones so, again, it doesn’t look like they were all set up by the same person. Some will be easier to use for different types of sites than others, but the important thing to realize is that you’re trying to be as diverse as possible and leverage your network for a number of different websites.
4. Install Your Website – Now that you have everything set up, it’s time to install your website. Ideally, you will be running hundreds of websites, so you should keep these as simple as possible. Don’t go overboard on design, and use the power of your blogging software to do most of the appearance-related stuff.
5. Maintain Your Network – It’s a bit of a challenge to actually keep up on your many websites, which is why it’s a good idea to get an SEO link building application like Ultimate Demon which will help you keep track of hundreds of accounts, deal with emails, and update all of your sites as you need it to. Once you get set up, it should be pretty easy to update as necessary and build any website you want to rank better.